Hang on. Let’s talk about dreamy for a minute.
The best thing about being a single gal is that you get to dream about dreamy all day long. That new Star Trek movie with Chris Pine? Saw it. That album cover with Hunter Hayes? Downloaded it. Google searches of a young Michael Vartan? Did it. Multiple times.
But these cookies? Creamy AND dreamy. I mean, seriously. Because they’re filled with cream cheese, creamy Oreos, and–yes, you guessed it, more cream cheese. Cheesecake swirls, to be exact. And that incredibly soft, puffy height!
Sorry, Hunter babe.
Granted, the only men I get to think about these days are William Wordsworth and occasionally the studly Lord Byron. As you can probably tell from the stack of critical texts that made it into my photoshoot today. I’ve basically read 5 critical texts in about a week, along with most of Don Juan.
Sexy. Yeahhh. (In Lord Byron’s case, I’m not kidding, either.)
Fortunately, you don’t need to be amorously engaged to whirl up a batch of these cheesecake-swirled, unbelievably dreamy Oreo cookies. And that’s exactly what I did. Beating the eggs while reading about Byron’s sex-capades.
Sorry. It’s been a long last few days.
Love the dreaminess? Print this!
Creamy Dreamy Oreo Cheesecake Swirl Cookies Slightly adapted from the lovely Sally’s Baking Addiction Ingredients:
- 10 tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- 5 heaping tbsp full-fat cream cheese, softened, divided*
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar + 3 tbsp white sugar, divided
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 15 crushed Oreos
* Note: Please make sure you use FULL-FAT cream cheese! As Sally points out, you’re subbing butter fats with cream cheese, so reduced-fat will not work in this recipe.
- Cream together butter, 2 heaping tbsp cream cheese, and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour and baking soda; mix until just incorporated. Fold in crushed Oreos,
- To make cheesecake swirl: In a small bowl, combine remaining 3 tbsp cream cheese, 3 tbsp white sugar, and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Gently drop blobs of remaining cream cheese swirl throughout batter and swirl in (make sure you don’t overmix, otherwise you won’t have any swirls left!).
- Chill dough in fridge for at least one hour (and up to 5 days) before baking.
- 30 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheet and set aside.
- Roll cookies into balls about the size of a golf ball (you can make them bigger or smaller as preferred, but make sure you make them nice and tall so they get that lovely height!). Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet. The centers should appear soft, puffy, creamy, and dreamy 🙂