This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BiteSizedBitsOfJoy #CollectiveBias
My favorite phrase of the year: oldies but goldies!
As the de facto ancient dinosaur/matriarch of every one of my friend circles–I’m officially like a 22nd grader or something this year–I now love this phrase because it makes me feel…classic. And let’s be honest here: some things really do get better with age. Wine, cheese, dad jokes…my students’ end-of-year evaluations, which from now on I will only read while I am double-fisting these gorgeous White Chocolate Cookie Butter Pecan Shortbread Cookies, because these retro treats make everything better.
Why retro? For one thing, these rich morsels are no-bake and take only 5 minutes to make, which is for some reason something that I imagine saying when I’m wearing a 50’s sweetheart red-and-white-polka-dotted apron and heels in my kitchen. For another, I was browsing the cookie aisle at Ralph’s last week when I stumbled upon an entire shelf of these classic gems:
KEEBLER!!! To my five-year old self: you’re so welcome.
Growing up, Keebler was the eye candy of the TV commercial world. The food porn before food porn was a thing. The sacred key to unlocking my refined preschooler palate.
There are, however, definite perks to revisiting these cookies as an adult. The biggest perk is, without a doubt, that you get to enjoy all of the stuff that you loved as a kid, except now you can eat it at any time of day for any meal you want and your parents won’t pounce on you in the kitchen to tell you that you’re going to spoil your dinner, and nobody else is allowed to judge you because you’re an adult, dammit, or do I need to bust out my snazzy driver’s license and show you that I am a real bona fide grownup?
Because clearly, I am capable of doing grownup things–like making these White Chocolate Cookie Butter Pecan Shortbread Cookies with (you guessed it!) Keebler Sandies® Pecan Shortbread on the bottom, topped with a generous mound of cookie butter, and all dipped into a bath of rich melted white chocolate.
And then I’m capable of going to The Little Mermaid Live in concert at the Hollywood Bowl and listening to Sara Bareilles, Rebel Wilson, Darren Criss, John Stamos, Tituss Burgess, Jodi Benson, AND composer Alan Menkin perform on stage. And I am fully capable of squealing my head off a la fangirl while taking gigantic bites of these AMAZING cookies (no seriously, we devoured the whole batch) in between muffled, crumb-filled shrieks. And let me just say that it was all SO. PERFECT.
Oldies but goldies! That’s the only way to do this whole adult-y thing.
What’s your favorite Keebler cookie? Don’t forget to enter the Keebler Cookies at Kroger: Summer 2016 Sweepstakes!
- 10 Sandies® Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups cookie butter
- 2 cups white chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Lay out cookies.
- Spoon a generous heap of cookie butter (about 2 tablespoons) onto each cookie. Smooth out the cookie butter so that it forms a mound.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat white chocolate at 30-second intervals, stirring in between each, until chocolate is fully melted.
- Dip each mounded cookie carefully into the white chocolate until all of the cookie butter is fully coated. (You may need to use a spoon to ensure that the cookie butter does not fall into the melted chocolate while you are dipping.) Transfer dipped cookies onto lined baking sheet.
- Allow cookies to set for at least 30 minutes before enjoying!