I know that I’ve been gone for forever, but before I apologize, I have BIG NEWS to share with all of you that I think you’ll love…
Guys, I’M DONE WITH MY PhD!!!
It’s hard to even begin describing these crazy past three months. Back in February, I still had a full chapter, an introduction, and a conclusion to write–not to mention tons of revisions to wrap up and a lot of theoretical reframing to slough through. (In other words: LOTS to do!) Days were spent hunkering down in my woman-cave, a bowl of half-eaten instant ramen on one side and a steaming pit of deep despair on the other. My friends and fam–bless their souls–were absolute troopers during these whirlwind months, bringing the party to me when I couldn’t go out on a Friday night and surprising me by stocking my pantry with essentials whenever I forgot to eat. I could go on and on here about how these amazing folks saved my sanity, but I’m dedicating an entire post to that later (so stay tuned!).
Speaking of sanity, it has been in short supply for
the past six years a few months now, because a lot has been happening apart from pursuing this prodigal PhD! Since February, I have:
- Been to two weddings,
- Baked a wedding cake,
- Started seeing someone new,
- Done live social media coverage for the second time at the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards,
- Completed my first sprint triathlon,
- Hosted our first ever murder mystery party,
- Seen six musicals/plays (The Lion, Amelie, Fun Home, Finding Neverland, Book of Mormon, Icebergs),
- Stopped seeing someone,
- Been to more grad bar events than I can count,
- Traveled to Portland,
- Hiked behind the Hollywood sign,
- Attended my first-ever Meetup, and
- Read a book for fun (omg it’s been SO long…the book is Frederick Crews’s The Pooh Perplex!).