Cookie butter. Alternate names: Biscoff spread, Speculoos.
These bars–all of the above, plus nectar of the gods.
Did I get the magic words in there anywhere?
If you’re like me, you’ll want to grab a jar and just jam your really grown-up Minnie Mouse spoon right in–
If this sounds like something you
have done would do, you won’t want to miss these heavenly, gooey, cinnamony cookie butter bars!
Plus, they’ll give you a really amazing excuse to spoon out mouthfuls of cookie butter while you’re waiting for the bars to finish baking. I know my jar is almost gone, and the recipe only calls for a little over half a cup…
On the other hand, if you’d like to agonize over nutritional labels and keep your body in bikini ship-shape in time for summer–skip out on these. Be my guest. Really. Because that means more, more, and more for me.
Oh, who are we kidding? These are awesome. You HAVE to try them!
If you’re really set on avoiding these, I’ll be nice. I won’t tell you about the thick, perfectly proportioned spiced graham cracker crust, and I certainly won’t tell you about the melt-in-your-mouth, warm gooey layer of cookie butter molasses-style brown sugar that you’re sure to love.
Aren’t I just the nicest?
You can probably see why having an entire trayful of these bad boys sitting on my kitchen counter can be an eensy, weensy, HUGE problem.
So check out the recipe. You DO have a jar of cookie butter sitting in your pantry, don’t you? Why, you DO? (Or if you don’t–you WILL in about 10 minutes, right?)
While I leave to Google the definition of “addiction,” why don’t you take another look at these drool-worthy bars?
And if you don’t see me back again in a while–er, don’t look in the kitchen. You might find a strange girl standing there with a Minnie Mouse spoon in one hand and an empty jar of cookie butter in the other…and that’s just awkward.
Guess you might want to check your kitchen after all. And while you’re there, why not make these FANTASTIC cookie butter addict bars?
Gooey Cookie Butter Brown Sugar Bars Cookie butter filling adapted from Handle the Heat Ingredients: For graham cracker crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (approximately 16 sheets, crushed)
- 10 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For cookie butter brown sugar filling:
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cookie butter spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking pan and set aside.
- To make crust: Combine all crust ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Press evenly and lightly into greased baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden. Set aside to cool while making filling.
- To make filling: Combine filling ingredients until completely smooth. Pour over slightly cooled crust and bake for approximately 30 minutes, until the center has just set. Remove from oven and allow to cool, then cut into bars and cool completely on a wire rack.