This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #TopYourSummer #CollectiveBias
Who’s ready for summer? I am SO ready for summer.
As you’ve probably surmised from the dearth of recent blog posts, life lately has been busier lately than the ball pit at Chuck E. Cheese’s in the middle of birthday season. These past two weeks, I’ve flown home for a 24-hour stint, seen Young the Giant perform live, hosted my wonderful friend and her sister at my place for several glorious days, won the Family Cup with my global sibs group, gone to see a soccer match between my two “home” teams, attended our school’s annual musical showcase, and busted my butt to scrap/rewrite a starting draft of my next dissertation chapter section. That last one in particular still has me reeling on me feet, but thankfully no hellfire or brimstone spewed forth when I brought it in to my advisor meeting yesterday.
With only two weeks left in the school year, though, my mind is already wayyy into summer mode–if you haven’t already guessed by this AMAZING summer-inspired fried ice cream cake that I’ve busted out for y’all. I’ve also been making this summer’s epic to-do list, which looks a little something like…
1. Take a spontaneous journey somewhere unexpected.
2. Spend an entire lazy day at the beach.
3. Travel outside of California.
4. Go camping, with real tents and campfire s’mores and stuff.
5. Eat lots of ice cream.
6. Go to a concert.
7. Stargaze. Dance under the stars.
8. Host a movie marathon night.
9. Read a book…for fun!
10. Eat oodles of ice cream.
11. Send care packages to my friends.
12. Try 5 new restaurants.
13. Plan a surprise for someone.
14. Watch the sunrise and sunset on the same day.… Read more