This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PurelySimple #CollectiveBias
Every time my friends and I visit the ice cream parlor, there are a few flavors I will always avoid as a matter of principle. Bubble gum. Cotton candy. Cake Batter.
GUYS, DO NOT AVOID THE CAKE BATTER.
Granted, I don’t know if I would order it at an ice cream shop even now–to be honest, all the preservatives and artificial flavors in storebought cake batter ice cream kind of creep me out. I mean, eating baked cake is one thing–raw, unadulterated preservatives are another. But then I had this awesome opportunity to make my own at home using a cake mix that boasts no colors, preservatives, or artificial flavors, and wow. Just…wow.
Guys, you won’t even want to avoid this no-churn cake batter ice cream! Four minutes from start to freezer is all it takes, I promise.
My big confession here is that I don’t own an ice cream maker–whiiiiich, is good news for you because that means this ice cream is churn-free, hassle-free! It starts with just a few ingredients that I bet you’ve got sitting in your pantry right now, like:
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Heavy whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Pillsbury Purely Simple white cake mix (lookee, I even haz coupons for you!!! Save $0.50 on 1 with coupon, available 10/19-11/15. Expires 11/30!)
If for some reason you’re missing any of these, I highly recommend you bust your butt to the nearest grocery store ASAP. The moment I found out a non-scary, ice-cream-safe cake mix actually existed to satiate my sudden cake batter ice cream craving, I jogged the whole 2 miles to Ralph’s and raided their cake mix section for a few boxes of that adorable dough boy mix:
So am I a fan? Uh, YES. I am a cake batter convert and I am not at all ashamed to admit it–in fact, I am so unabashedly ready to eat my words AND this no-churn cake batter ice cream in the same barrel-sized scoop!
What are you waiting for? Get out there and get your cake batter on!!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy Purely Simple cake mix/batter? Baked? In ice cream? Straight from the bowl?
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury Purely Simple white cake mix
- Sprinkles (optional--omit if you're going for no artificial colors! I added mine on for photography purposes only)
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, pour heavy cream. Whip with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form, then fold in powdered sugar until no lumps remain. Gently transfer whipped cream to the sweetened condensed milk, then add white cake mix. Fold everything together--VERY gently--until combined.
- Transfer into a 9x9-inch baking pan and seal tightly with a lid or aluminum foil. Freeze for at least 12 hours or overnight before scooping and serving!