In lieu of writing a blog post this week, I want to encourage everyone to reflect and spend the extra time to seeking information about issues that matter most right now. If you’re short on time, feel free to skip to the bottom for today’s recipe (Oatmeal M&M Cookies), which reminds us that the world is infinitely more beautiful when we see it in color. #BlackLivesMatter
Take care, everyone <3
- 1 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups M&Ms
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, and molasses.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gently fold into wet ingredients until just incorporated.
- Gently fold in oats, then add and fold in M&Ms. Cover bowl with cling wrap and chill in refrigerator for 45 minutes - 1 hour. (Sally's tip: If chilling for longer--up to two days--allow your dough to sit at room temperature for ~30 minutes before baking.)
- When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheet and set aside.
- Roll dough into large balls (I used about 2 tablespoons each) and set two inches apart on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until edges are golden brown and tops have just begun to "set." Remove from oven and allow cookies to continue cooling on baking sheet for an additional 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack.