So before I get to these amazing boozed-up birthday cookies, I have an exciting announcement to make. No, Trader Joe’s didn’t sell me the rights to their amazing cookie butter, but it’s nearly as good.
I’m celebrating my birthday this year with the launch of my very own Facebook page AND MY FIRST GIVEAWAY! (Read on for details, mateys.)
With my blog’s Pinterest board racking up some major repins these days (check it out!), it felt like the vine-ripened time for a Facebook page where I can keep ALL of my readers connected. You can explore the brand new page here.
More importantly: Have you seen a photo on my blog (or any other food blog!) and wanted to take a huge bite–right out of your screen?
If so, today is your lucky day! As a bonus celebration, I will be running a From My Kitchen To Yours Giveaway, where you will have the chance to win one of TWO packages of fresh baked goodies straight from my at-home bakery–just like you see here!
Because please: tell me we’re looking at the same photos here. You know you’ll want to get in on this.
HOW TO ENTER THIS FACEBOOK GIVEAWAY:
1. Log into your Facebook account. Visit my brand new shiny Facebook page and click “Like.”
2. Leave a comment on the most recent post titled “GIVEAWAY” with your favorite type of dessert.
That’s it. You’re entered to win!
Giveaway details: One entry per Facebook user. Must have a valid, active Facebook account with messaging-capabilities to enter. 2 winners will be selected using an online third-party random selection generator. Winner will receive one small-size flat rate USPS standard box of fresh baked goods. Participants must live within the continental U.S. and be willing to provide a valid mailing address. Giveaway ends on Sunday, August 18th at 11:59 PM. Winners have 7 days from the time they receive notice of their win to respond; otherwise, another winner will be selected. Note: Fresh baked goods that accommodate your specific dietary needs will be included in the giveaway. However, as with any perishable and homemade food product, please keep in mind that I cannot be held responsible for any unspecified food-related allergies, illnesses, and/or other consequences that may occur as a result of this giveaway. Not that we anticipate any problems 🙂
(On My Kitchen Table: The Last Man, by Mary Shelley.)
This is my first giveaway and I’m very excited to see all of the familiar–and new–faces over on Facebook! I’m still keeping my fingers crossed that technology doesn’t get the best of me since it is my first time…but we should be fine. 😉 For those of you who don’t use Facebook–sorry, this is a Facebook giveaway. However, look out for similar giveaways related to this blog soon. And of course, don’t forget to tell your friends (hey, if THEY win, you still get a share of the profits, right?)!
See you on the dark–er, Facebook side. (We do have cookies!)
Kahlua Espresso Cookies Adapted from Recipegirl (Have you heard of her? She’s great!) Ingredients:
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon espresso powder (OR up to 2-3 tbsp instant coffee granules)
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- 1 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Dissolve espresso or coffee granules in Kahlua in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and Kahlua mixture (you may sub MORE Kahlua for vanilla extract if you want a stronger Kahlua flavor). Stir in melted chocolate. Mix in flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until just set. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet for at least 10 minutes (the cookies will continue to cook during this stage). Transfer cookies to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway on Facebook!
9 Replies to “Kahlua Espresso Cookies and a Special (Birthday) Giveaway on Facebook!”
My favorite dessert is chocolate eclair!
Delish–hope to see you entered in the giveaway on Facebook then, Lisa!
A coffee infused cookie!? I’m on it. These look delicious! Congrats on the launch of your facebook page. I don’t have a facebook account…need to work on that. 😉
Tina at http://www.tinaschic.com
Thank you! I totally know what you mean–social media can be such a blessing and curse, especially since it eats up my time faster than I can eat chocolate cake…hopefully you can join in the next giveaway!
Happy Birthday! I like you, so of course I “like” your Facebook page. I have a Facebook page I rarely use (and really didn’t set it up properly for a blog – no way to “like” it, people need to friend it, which is off putting to many, I know). Sounds like you’re moving up in the world! Congrats!
My favorite dessert is Chocolate cake! I like you on FB also
Great, thank you so much! Just make sure you comment on the first post on the FB page as well if you’re interested in the giveaway 🙂 (don’t mind the deadline since you already posted here)
The recipe looks wonderful and I would like to try it, but how do I PRINT it?????
Thanks! Unfortunately, I don’t have a printer-friendly version, although I’ve been looking for website designs that allow those. However, I recommend copying and pasting it to a document and printing it from there for now. Hope that helps!