The results are in!
The results for my birthday/FB page giveaway last week, of course. Annnnd…
Congrats to our two lucky winners, Crystall and Crescent!! 🙂
(Want to follow Wallflour Girl on Facebook for more fun giveaway & recipe updates? You know you do! Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest as well!)
The lucky pair will receive a homebaked batch of sweet goodies, straight from my kitchen to theirs <3 Congratulations again, girls!
Things have been so busy lately, from finishing up outside work to trying really hard to finish up at least one set of readings for my qualifying exams this fall. Finding time to sit down and do a proper photoshoot after I get home in the evenings is like trying to convince a five-year old that celery sticks taste better than these really, really amazingly soft and chewy graham cracker chocolate chip cookies…
Yeah. Good luck with that one.
(On my kitchen table: Adeline Mowbray, by Amelia Opie–actually, I’ll be honest. This was from sometime last month! Since then, I’ve read quite a few other books and long collections of poems, but I’ll have to post as it comes.)
If you’re looking for the softest imaginable chocolate chip cookies, the crushed graham crackers in this recipe are absolutely heavenly and add a great flair to your traditional CCC’s. Don’t wait–print this now!
Yours in semi-sane solidarity,
Soft, Chewy Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe adapted from Bakergirl Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly grease cookie sheet and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir in until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into rounded tablespoonfuls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden in color. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to wire rack (or consuming them right then!).
6 Replies to “Soft, Chewy Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Terrific recipe! Glad to see your reading list is dwindling. But we need more baked goods! 😉
Thanks for the great recipe
it’s look amazing 🙂
Thank you, and a very happy holiday to you!
This looks like a fun recipe! Have you tried these with cinnamon graham crackers? Certainly I would decrease the extra added cinnamon if I used them. They are all I have in the pantry right now. Just wanted your thoughts on if it would be a disaster of a substitution (lol). Thanks!
Hey! No WAY–cinnamon graham crackers are the best and I’m sure it’ll be an amazing sub! Go for it–hope it turns out awesomely for ya!
I’m imagining this with some key lime zest and w/white chocolate chips instead of semisweet, and you have key lime pie cookies!