Add some adorable chEARs to your new year with these cute, marshmallow-y Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats! This small-batch recipe makes just two or three treats, making it perfect for a date night or sweet snack to share.
Happy new year, friends!
I’ve been sitting on the news for a teensy while now, but in the spirit of 2022, I’m beyond thrilled to share my latest life update with you all: I’m back making magic at the House of Mouse!
A few months ago, I finally returned to Disneyland as a Disney cast member–for the first time in forever!–and salted the streets with my tears as I bawled during fireworks in front of an icicle-bejeweled Cinderella Castle. I relished a double-scoop Gibson Girl’s ice cream cone in 40-degree F weather. Over a steaming bowl of corn chowder, I tumbled into an hour-long conversation with two strangers who love Disneyland, went to UCLA (go Bruins!), and someday aspire to become Disney animators.
You should see the big, Goofy-level grin on my face right now. Seriously.
And to celebrate new beginnings, I’m sharing the absolute BEST Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats you’ll need to add some pixie dust to your day, too!
These Small-Batch Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats are perfect for:
- Sharing during Disney+ date night
- Eating solo while re-watching your favorite Disney movie
- Keeping your new year’s resolutions
- Impressing your gluten-free friends
- Bringing to Disneyland as a snack that all the children with their pre-cut apple slices will envy
- Making everyone in a 5-mile radius happy
After gifting these adorable treats to one of my new coworkers, she texted me to tell me they were “out of this world” and “the best I’ve ever had.” Considering that she’s a phenomenal dessert wizard, that was high praise for these tiny treats indeed!
Needless to say, I can’t wait to share more Disney-inspired magic with all of you in the months ahead. In the meantime, I hope you love kicking off 2022 with these cute confections–have a happy, healthy, and delicious new year!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line a cutting board with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- Add butter and marshmallows to a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir continuously as butter and marshmallows begin to melt. Continue stirring until butter and marshmallows form a cohesive gooey marshmallow-y mixture, about 3 minutes.
- Immediately stir in rice krispie cereal, then pour mixture onto prepared parchment or wax paper. Quickly and evenly flatten mixture using a spoon so that it is about 1-inch thick, then use a Mickey Mouse-shaped sandwich or cookie cutter to cut out two to three treats. (The exactly number of your treats will depend on the size of your cutter.)
When cooking these treats, be sure to keep heat very low and stir continuously. Using higher heat will cause the butter to evaporate, leaving your treats crackly and dry.